Okay – this could be like asking “what is a fish?”. There are many thoughts and point of views, and much material available over the internet. I suggest Goggleing your question…just type in benefits of community cloud, and you will get plenty of information. In the meantime, here are the examples that one opf those sites provided:
- Resiliency. Redundant systems in the cloud help create enterprise-wide availability, which is a tremendous benefit to banks as business continuity is a requirement for your business.
- Scalability. Take advantage of an affordable way to scale your IT operations as your organization grows or shrinks and your technology needs change because mergers and acquisitions are so prevalent among the banking community right now, scalability and easy integration is necessary. It is only through cloud computing that this level of scaling the business is easy and does not require major integration projects.
- Cloud Security. Centralized data storage with robust authentication and access controls provides a higher level of protection for sensitive data such as customer information. Plus standardization is a major benefit of cloud computing. Cloud security is the key to cloud compliance.
- Accessibility. Have access to the latest data, systems and applications from any computer, anywhere anytime of the day or night is the promise of cloud computing. You no longer have to be limited by desperate client server environments.
- Cost Savings. One of the major benefits of cloud computing is that you can eliminate unnecessary capital expenditures and budget-destroying hardware refreshes.