VBCode.com has a lot of great vb code samples.
What exactly do you want to do with a DataEnvironment?
You could use a DataEnvironment to show information from a database without writing a single line of code.
– Open (or create) your project
– In project explorer, right-click on the project, and select “Add” -> “DataEnvironment”
– In the new DataEnvironment, right-click on the automatically created connection (Connection1)
– Choose the appropriate OLE DB Provider (for example Microsoft Jeg 4.0 …) and click “next”
– Enter server and user names and password, and click on “Test connection”
– A success message should appear (“Test connection succeeded”), click Ok
– Click Ok to close the connection properties window.
– Right click on the connection, and select “Add Command”
– In the properties window (of the command) enter a sql select statement in the “CommandText” property
– Select “adCmdText” in the CommandType property
– From the dataEnvironment window, drag and drop the command (Command1) to your form.
– Run the project.
For more information, have a look at the following page: About the Data Environment Designer