I’m running Windows 7 (RC, 64 bit). For some reason it has started running very slowly. I’ve never had this problem before. This slowdown occurs in two places (that I’ve found)
(1) When I click hyperlinks in Outlook email messages, where Firefox is launched. It takes around a minute for the link to open. I have an SSD drive and a very fast CPU, so this should not be happening.
(2) When I open Word documents attached to Outlook email messages.
The only thing these two might have in common is that they use the DDE mechanism, if I'm not mistaken. Under Windows XP this problem could sometimes be fixed by unchecking the "Use DDE" checkbox in the file type mapping, however, I can't find any equivalent under Windows 7.