I need urgent help on this. I have a brand new cisco 2811 with 2 FE ports. The port f0/0 is connected to the internet and the f0/1 will be connected to the switch which has 4 vlans configured on it. I have no idea how to go about doing this. Can someone please help me with the configuration on the router. My responsibility is to configure the following:
* A trunk on the router for the vlans.
* 4 sub interfaces with IP address on the router.
* Route this vlans out of the network.
Our devices are hosted in a datacentre.Now we are going to place a cisco 2811 in the datacentre which will be uplinked to the backbone switch of the upstream provider.The cisco 2811 should carry vlans from a remote NOC to the internet.It is something like this:-
Backbone switch---->(f0/0)-Cisco 2811(f0/1)--(trunk)--(Remote switch)[vlan1,vlan2,vlan3,vlan4]
Now my queries are
*On the f0/1 do I configure anything or I directly create start creating sub-interfaces with the IP Addresses?
* What kind of encapsulation do I use on the vlans?
* For this network we have a class 'C'(/24), I want to subnet them into 4 subnets.
* Do I use static routes on the router? but can someone please tell me what will be my next hop?Will it be the f0/0 or the IP address of the back bone switch.