Hello world! I need help here ... your expertise on what you do with the data when someone leaves the company...
This is where i'm at currently:
1) Created a RetiredEmployee share.
2) when user JDoe leaves I create a JDoe folder in that share
3) I copy the data of their personal network drive, computer, and pst to that folder.
4) I map anyone needing access to that folder for 30 days. I send them an email to copy or delete, go through since it will be deleted.
5) I actually deleted after 60 days...
My IT director wants to keep the data available, he suggested DVD's and keep them here with a txt of the contents of the DVD.
We don't want to keep junk, nor delete data that they are going to asks us 6 months after the employee left.
What is your procedure? the BEST practice?? please help ASAP!! thank you.
January 13, 2005 11:30 AM
January 13, 2005 12:44 PM