It is possible remotely shutdown Server 2003. but before doing that, the computer configured correctly.
Here are a couple of the most command to shutdown remotely:
1. -l: Logs off the computer
2. -s: Shuts down the computer
3. -r: Restarts the computer
4. -m \computername: remote shutdown of a computer
5. -f: Forces programs to close immediately and -t for time of interval
Open a file in notepad with .bat extension and write like that:
shutdown -m \<computername> -f (u may use ip address also)
Or you may try this.....
2. On comman
d prompt, type: shutdown -i
3. There is a window called "Remote Shutdown Dialog"
4. Click Add and insert the computer name which you want to shutdown remotely
5. Now select Option and type a comment in "Comment" area