It is possible remotely shutdown Server 2003. but before doing that, the computer configured correctly.
Here are a couple of the most command to shutdown remotely:
- -l: Logs off the computer
- -s: Shuts down the computer
- -r: Restarts the computer
- -m \\computername: remote shutdown of a computer
- -f: Forces programs to close immediately and -t for time of interval
Open a file in notepad with .bat extension and write like that:
shutdown -m \\<computername> -f (u may use ip address also)
Or you may try this…..
- On command prompt, type: shutdown -i
- There is a window called “Remote Shutdown Dialog”
- Click Add and insert the computer name which you want to shutdown remotely
- Now select Option and type a comment in “Comment” area