To backup your MS SQL Server 2000 database, please follow these steps:
1. Open Enterprise Manager.
2. Connect to your MS SQL Server 2000 database.
3. Right-click your database, expand All Tasks and select Backup Database.
4. Under Backup, select Database – complete.
5. Under Destination, click Add.
6. Enter the path and file name for the backup file.
7. Click OK.
8. Review the settings for the backup.
9. Click OK to begin the backup.
The instructions above will create a complete backup of your database. This is the recommended method to ensure that all data is backed up.
You will want to use the <a href=”http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/sql-server/back-to-basics-the-backup-database-command/”>BACKUP DATABASE</a> and <a href=”http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/sql-server/back-to-basics-the-restore-database-command/”>RESTORE DATABASE</a> commands to backup the database, and then restore it to the second machine.