1. Run NTBACKUP.EXE from the Run command or from the Program Files > Accessories > System Tools.
2. When the program starts click on the ASR button to invoke it’s wizard.
3. The Wizard will start with a Welcome screen, advising that a Backup and the ASR disk will be created. Click Next.
4. Choose a destination and filename for the ASR backup. Make sure you do NOT select A: as the destination (duh…) nor C:, and that you have at least 2GB of free space on that partition.
5. The “Completing the ASR Preparation Wizard” will appear.When you click Finish, the Wizard creates a backup of your system files. You will then be asked to insert a floppy disk. You will later use this disk and the backup to restore your System in an event of a major failure.
6. To close this wizard and to begin the backup, click Finish”.
7. The system will create a list of all files and then start the backup processes, creating a disk-backup-file. Once the disk-backup is done, you will be prompted for a floppy disk (blank, formatted) to store some ASR-data.
more info can be found<a href=”http://www.petri.co.il/whats_asr_in_windows_xp_2003.htm”> here</a>