I coded an update query in COBOL and included COMMIT=NONE so the update could go through. When the COBOL program executed it returned nulls, and coalesced the value to the default. When the query was executed either through qmqry or on-line on the sql screen it worked fine and updated the field properly.
I also tried calling a cl program that executed the QMQRY from within the COBOL program and I also got bad results. When I called the CL from within another CL or called the CL program directly I got expected results.
Here is the query:
EXEC SQL UPDATE FILEA A SET A.ITMID = COALESCE((SELECT DISTINCT B.ITMID FROM FILEB B WHERE A.FLDA = B.FLDA AND A.FLDB = B.FLDB AND A.FLDC = B.FLDC),:NO-ITM) END-EXEC.
as400 cobol iseries embedded sql
September 23, 2009 5:31 PM
October 28, 2009 2:25 PM