Check the job log – is it moving through multiple calls?
Check files – you can see if program is moving through records – probable sign that it isn’t in an endless loop
Check the call stack – refresh it repeatedly noting the statement #’s processed .. is it in a tight loop.
What you also want to check:
1) Enter 5 next to the concerning job
2) Choose 14 (Display open files, if active)
3) F11=Display I/O details and refresh to find which files are being updated.
4) Leave this screen and choose Option 12(Work with locks, if active)
5) Check if there are any locks on objects, which might prevent the job from processing.
6) If this is the case, find out which user or userjob is causing this lock and ask to cancel their job if
this job has priority.