We've just looked at BES and are very likely to purchase. Management wants a demo first (asap, of course). Problem: In 2 weeks, I'll be migrating from Ex2k to Ex2k3. What effect (if any) would connecting a demo BES server to my ex2k environment have? I don't want to create added work relative to Exchange prior to the migration(not upgrading). I'd prefer to wait 2 weeks, but management is hot on the Blackberry product. If it's no problem, I'll set up BES. However, I'd be happy to wait until after my upgrade - but I need to provide valid reasons for waiting. Should I wait and if so, why? (Are there any risks to Exchange migration?). Are there beatings with associating the BES server to the new Ex2k3 server after the migration?
My environment: Ex2k SP3 in a W2k native mode AD domain. Ex2k is SP3, Windows is SP4. I'm moving Ex2k to Ex2k3 on W2k3. I've never used BES before. I'm an MCSE but my skills specific to Exchange are limited mainly to management (I'm no Exchange guru).