Posted by: Troy Tate
administration, awareness, DataCenter, design, education, howto, IP telephony, IT education, Networking, tools, unified communications, VoIP
Update: I will not be a panel member at the CampIT Conference on Enterprise VOIP being held in Chicago (Rosemont) on Tuesday, October 14. However, please try to attend this event if you are in the area and support the CampIT conferences group.
Per the CampIT Conference website:
According to leading industry analysts, 99% of enterprises have implemented IP Telephony. Many made the decision to do so based on projected long term savings and increased efficiencies. But what are the best ways to capitalize on your existing investment and prepare for the future? How can you leverage your investments to provide new services that your business is asking for?
In this one day conference attendees will learn:
- How to leverage IP telephony and unified communications (UC) to improve business processes
- How to determine which UC services are the best fit for your organization
- How to troubleshoot converged networks
- How to determine if your IP converged network is vulnerable and what you can do about it
- How to integrate mobility with UC
- Advice from the experienced enterprise IT User: How IP telephony/UC users are maximizing their investment
The panel discussion will be at the end of the day so hopefully you will stick around for that part of the event. Even if you do not, the event will hopefully help you and your organization understand what VOIP or unified communications can do for sustained business value.