Posted by: Troy Tate
Microsoft, Microsoft licensing, Microsoft Volume Licensing, software assurance, software licensing
Software licensing is one of the most complex activities that an IT person has to deal with, especially Microsoft licensing. Microsoft has released a Volume Licensing Reference Guide. This guide is intended to help organization understand the various Microsoft volume licensing programs available. This guide has the following table of contents:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Volume Licensing
- Chapter 2: Choosing a Volume Licensing Program for Your Organization
- Chapter 3: Choosing a Volume Licensing Program for Your Government Organization
- Chapter 4: Choosing a Volume Licensing Program for Your Charitable Organization
- Chapter 5: Choosing a Volume Licensing Program for Your School or University
- Chapter 6: Microsoft Volume Licensing Programs for Software and Service Partners
- Chapter 7: Using Products Licensed Through a Microsoft Volume Licensing Program
- Chapter 8: Microsoft Software Assurance for Volume Licensing
If you have ever had any questions about Microsoft volume licensing programs, and most of us have at one point or other in our careers, then this is a good place to start. I’m sure that somewhere in this 65 page document you will find a nugget of useful information.
Thanks for reading & let’s continue to be good network citizens!