This gave me some issue the other day. I was setting up two Cisco 1411 wireless bridges to connect to each other for the first time. One was root bridge, the other set as non-root bridge.
After i set them up I was checking the web interface of the non-root bridge and the Radio interface was showing as disabled. I tried to re-enable it, but it wouldn’t come online. Logs show the interface was reset.
After a little research I found out this is actually normal. At the time the bridges were no point at each other and if the non-root bridge can not detect the root it disables it’s own radio interface. As soon as pointed them at each other the interface came back online.