Posted by: Ed Tittel
Ed Tittel to present at February 2011 MCCC, February 2011 MCCC to feature in-depth MCM coverage, February MCCC to cover "Podcasting Your Way to a Job", hear from top-notch TechEd speakers at February 2011 MCCC, MCCC February 2011
I found an invite to the next Microsoft Certified Career Conference (MCCC) scheduled for 2/17/2011 in my inbox this morning. Not only did it include more info about what’s on the docket for the second go-round for this online conference, it also included the information that a discounted registration fee of $20 is available to all comers until January 24 (6 days from today). MS charged $55 to US registrants for the last iteration, and only granted 50% off ($22.50) to MCPs and registered students. Thus, this is a better deal for everybody with no special qualifications required for those who take advantage of the disounted fee on or before the 1/24 deadline. If you’re interested, this is one case where it makes sense to register sooner rather than later!
Here’s an overview of the scheduled content (a detailed schedule/timetable for the event could be available as early as next week):
- Microsoft Official Courses: technical sessions excerpted from Microsoft’s most popular certification exam prep classes, taught online by the cream of Microsoft’s instructor corps
- Super Cert Me!: exam prep/tune-up sessions for those preparing to take various MS Cert exams
- Career Essentials: Information on finding, inquiring about, interviewing for, and landing the right job for you, including sessions on interviewing skills, resume writing, and other good stuff
- People and Technology: Profiles in certification from people seeking career enhancements at the entry-level, mid-career, and in more senior positions
- Meet the Masters: Take a deep dive in the Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) program, and learn more about its offerings, qualification, preparation, and related career opportunities
- Cloud Computing Talent Explored and Explained: a freewheeling session with Chandra Prasad, a world-class expert on cloud computing, about career opportunities and work in this burgeoning area
- Podcasting Your Way to a Job: Podcasting whiz Michael Surkan podcasts about job search, entrepreneurs, and the economy in the guise of his fuzzy alter ego, The Optimistic Bear
This is just a smattering of all the good stuff that will be featured during the upcoming conference. I myself will be presenting about certification and academia for that conference and holding two or three free-wheeling Q&A sessions with the help of a few of my heavy-duty certification guru friends.
You’ll definitely want to check the upcoming MCCC out if you’re in the mood for a career tune-up, and you’ll want to let friends, family, and colleagues know about MCCC too, especially if they have any college-age or job-seeking offspring looking for information, inspiration, tips and techniques — or perhaps even some job opportunities (employers do make themselves available to candidates during MCCC, and it’s a great venue for serious job prospecting). And don’t forget that if you register before next Tuesday, you get a 64% discount off the usual price!!