Posted by: Ed Tittel
when relevant content is
added and updated.
I’ve been digging more deeply into the OpenStack initiative lately and in so doing, have noticed that Rackspace has updated and spiffed up its CloudU Curriculum. If you’re looking for an interesting way to increase your cloud computing smarts, over the holidays you could do worse than to start digging into the ten Lessons available on the Rackspace CloudU Curriculum page.
Here’s a list of the lessons, by the numbers:
1. Revolution Not Evolution: How Cloud Computing Differs from Traditional IT and Why it Matters (link)
2. Cloudonomics: The Economics of Cloud Computing (link)
3. Understanding the Cloud Computing Stack: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS (link)
4. Say Goodbye to DIY Data Centers: An Infrastructure-as-a-Service Intensive (link)
5. Elephant in the Room: Cloud Security and What Vendors and Customers Need to Do to Stay Secure (link)
6. Planning a Move to the Cloud: Tops, Tricks, and Pitfalls (link)
7. Running a Business in the Cloud: Management Strategies for the New IT (link)
8. Creative Configurations: Mixing and Matching Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds for Maximum Benefit (link)
9. Does Data Want to be Free? Exploring Issues in the Open Cloud From Vendor Lock-in to Open Standards (link)
10. You Want to Put My Database Where? Determining the Right Fit Between Your Technology and the Cloud… (link)
Be sure to check this stuff out when you can, as it can only be more important in 2014 than it already was in 2013. And please, don’t blame me if you find yourself twiddling your thumbs over the holiday, wishing for something to read (or do). Here ’tis!