For each IBM certification exam from this Eligible Tests list you schedule and take by December 14, 2011, IBM will provide you with a free voucher you can use to take another exam (also from the same list). These vouchers remain usable until April 30, 2012. It’s a pretty good deal, and covers exams related to IBM’s Power Systems, Storage Systems, System x, and System z.
Here are all the related requirements and limitations, lifted straight from the IBM offer page:
- You must schedule an eligible test using promo code: STGNOV11
- This standard price test must be taken no later than December 14, 2011.
- After taking the test, IBM will email you a voucher that will allow you take another test for no charge.
- The voucher for the free test will be valid through April 30, 2012.
- The free voucher may be used for any eligible test, of your choice. (Most tests available for Power Systems, Storage Systems, System x and System z, are eligible. …)
- You will receive a free voucher each time you register and test using the promo code through December 14, 2011.
- There is no limit to the number of times you may use the promo code during the offering time period.
- The free voucher is transferable.
- If you choose, you may give the voucher to another person to take a test for no charge.
- This offer is only available for tests taken at an Authorized Prometric Test Center.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Despite all the fine print (which isn’t terribly onerous, as such things go) this is a pretty good deal for anybody planning to take an IBM cert test in these general areas anyway. If so, be sure to sign up for and take that exam in the next two weeks to qualify for your free voucher!