Posted by: Ed Tittel
HP is retiring over 60 certs for summer 2012, large-scale changes to HP cert program at work
HP is putting a large number (66) of its ExpertONE certifications to pasture this summer, with 17 slated for retirement on June 30, 2012, and another 49 on August 31, 2012. You can check the complete list of retired items on the company’s Expiring Certifications page, or download a PDF version of this information for offline perusal.
Here’s a summary of what’s going by the wayside in the company’s Professional Career certifications (a lesser but still large number of Partner-only credentials will also retire on those same dates, but I don’t cover them here in this blog, though they are completely spelled out online in the HP items linked in the preceding paragraph):
- Desktops and Workstations: two AIS and two ASE credentials, all on 8/31/2012 (total 4).
- Networking: four Master ASE, five ASE, and one AIS credentials, all on 8/31/2012 (total 10).
- Operating Systems: one Master ASE, two CSA, one CSD, and two CSE credentials, all on 8/31/2012 (total 6).
- Servers: six master ASE, six ASE, three ASIC, all on 8/31/2012 (total 15).
- Software for Business Management: nine ASE, eight AIS, all on 6/30/2012 (total 17).
- Storage: three Master ASE, five ASE, four AIS, all on 8/31/2012 (total 12).
Even with all these pending retirements, there are still many credentials left in the HP to choose from. Because their technology base turns over quite frequently, their cert offerings do likewise.
HP Cert Acronym Key (Cert Overview Page)
AIS: Accredited Integration Specialist
ASE: Accredited Systems Engineer
CSA: Certified System Administration (?)
CSD: Certified System Designer (?)
CSE: Certified System Engineer (?)
Master ASE: Master Accredited Systems Engineer
From what I can see and read online the older CS* credentials are on their way out (and I am unable to confirm an official expansion for these acronyms), and look to be replaced by AIS, ASE, Master ASE credentials, along with the the addition of Accredited Technical Associate (ATA) entry-level credentials through a new partnership with Certiport to support and test for ATA credentials.