Hi folks, here’s an interesting problem I ran into. I recently had some complaints about something causing some slow server issues. Having never seen this before I decided to investigate further.
After investigating I found that there were a bunch of snmpget.exe requests running on the server that was pinning the cpu. Upon further investigation I found that it was the Kaseya agent spawning the process. Kaseya is a monitoring package that is commonly used in the Managed Services industry.
After finding the problem I was able to trace it to a computer audit being run by Kaseya during the day. I cancelled the tasks and then rescheduled the audit to run on the server during off business hours. This fixed the issue. Happy monitoring!