Hi folks! So the cloud is all the rage and you’re ready to jump on the band wagon. How do you choose a cloud provider?
Well a lot of people seem to choose their cloud provider just based on price. Now you might luck out and end up with a good provider, but if that is the only factor you use in your decision making process you will most likely end up getting burned.
A few questions you should ask yourself:
- Why is their price so cheap?
- What is the resiliency of the network your data is stored on?
- What kind of security measures are in place? Are they PCI compliant?
- What country is your data stored in and what search and seizure laws is your data subject to in that country?
- How is your data backed up?
These and many more questions should be asked when choosing a provider, not just price. If you do your due diligence and keep your own external backups you will definitely sleep better at night!