So all the hardware finally arrived for my machine that I’m using to build a VMware ESXi computer. This is a computer I’m building for my test lab at home.
I’ve just finished putting it together and I’m getting ready to install VMware. This will be a great machine to use along with my Cisco test lab equipment to prepare for the CCNP.
Here is a list of the computer hardware I purchased to build my machine. I purchased all my equipment at NCIX.
- Two Intel PRO/1000 GT network adapters
- One Asus P5K SE Motherboard (LGA775, FSB1333, DDR2, PCI-Express x16, SATA controller)
- 8 GB of RAM (Four 2 GB sticks of Kingston RAM KVR800D2N5/2G)
- One Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5 inch 500 GB SATA hard drive
- One Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHZ (Kentsfield)
- One BFG GeForce 9400 GT Video Card (PCI-Express)
- One 20 pin ATX to 24 pin ATX power supply adapter cable