Posted by: Raj Perumal
build new system for VMware, home computer VMware, test lab VMware ESXi, VMware ESXi whitebox, whitebox
So all the hardware finally arrived for my machine that I’m using to build a VMware ESXi computer. This is a computer I’m building for my test lab at home.
I’ve just finished putting it together and I’m getting ready to install VMware. This will be a great machine to use along with my Cisco test lab equipment to prepare for the CCNP.
Here is a list of the computer hardware I purchased to build my machine. I purchased all my equipment at NCIX.
- Two Intel PRO/1000 GT network adapters
- One Asus P5K SE Motherboard (LGA775, FSB1333, DDR2, PCI-Express x16, SATA controller)
- 8 GB of RAM (Four 2 GB sticks of Kingston RAM KVR800D2N5/2G)
- One Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5 inch 500 GB SATA hard drive
- One Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHZ (Kentsfield)
- One BFG GeForce 9400 GT Video Card (PCI-Express)
- One 20 pin ATX to 24 pin ATX power supply adapter cable