Posted by: Raj Perumal
iPhone, iTunes, multiple backups
Hi folks! So as I mentioned in my previous post, you need to keep multiple backups in iTunes. So how do you do this?
Well here you go:
- Go to the following folder: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
- Rename your backup folder by adding a name to the end of it like a date or something like that
- Go into the folder and edit info.plist in wordpad.
- Go to the Display Name section and below that edit the part between <string>Raj’s iPhone</string>
- Type in something like <string>Backup Oct-31-2010</string>
- Save the file
- Open iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and wait for it to show up in iTunes
- Right click your iPhone in iTunes and select restore from backup
- You will now see your backup showing up in the list
- Click on sync to backup your iPhone, it won’t overwrite the last one, it will create a new one
- To keep the new one, start again at step 1.
I recommend doing this everytime you make any sort of change on your phone. This way if you accidently install a bad app or toast your iPhone, you can restore to the last known good state.