Hi folks! So if you are a big fan of Android, and own a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3, you might have run into some WiFi issues.
Some users have experienced issues with various WiFi networks when their phone goes into sleep mode. When they turn their phone back on from sleep mode, the WiFi network doesn’t work. The other issues experienced are, even if they are connected, the WiFi network speeds get progressively worse. The only fix seems to be turning off and on the WiFi toggle.
Well there is another solution. It seems the folks at Samsung enabled a WiFi power save feature that causes all of these WiFi issues. The intentions were good, but the results obviously are bad connectivity. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 🙂
The way to fix this is not to go into your regular menus and toggle the power save setting for WiFi, that won’t do jack for you. The way to fix this is to go into the Samsung secret/hidden service menu. How do you do this?
- Go into your phone number dialing app
- dial *#0011#
- This will drop you into the service menu
- Hit the menu button
- Select WiFi
- You will see the Wifi Powersave feature button turned on, press it to turn it off
- Select the back button until you are back at the phone dialing screen, you are complete.
- If you reboot your phone, the powersave feature will revert back to on and you will have to repeat the above steps, so don’t reboot your phone unless you have to
I hope this helps! I have tested this with various Samsung Galaxy S3’s, and in every case it has solved the problem. My tests were done with Canadian Samsung Galaxy S3’s on the Rogers network.