Hello folks! One of the common questions I’ve been getting as of late is what are the differences between all the models of Cisco ASA firewalls available. This question has been asked of me numerous times, and it’s actually quite easy.
Here are the differences between the base model and the security plus version
- , instead of maximum firewall connections
- instead of site-to-site vpn tunnels
- vlans total allowed, instead of allowed
- No vlan trunking, vs trunking
- No high-availability vs stateless active/standby failover
- The security plus version allows for unlimited users on the LAN accessing the Internet through the ASA
If you need more SSL VPN licenses you would need to purchase that separately. Also if you want to use the ASDM gui to manage the device then you want to make sure you purchase the version with “K9” in the SKU, not “K8“.