So the other day we ran into an interesting problem for a client. One of the published apps in Citrix Presentation Server 4 wasn’t launching properly. Everytime we clicked on it the users were getting an “Invalid Working Directory” error.
I checked the settings on the published application and the working directory was set correctly. Even if I deleted it out of the field and then retyped it. We eventually figured out that by deleting the published application completely and then recreating it in Citrix we were able to solve the problem.
It’s possible that their might have been some sort of bug or corruption where the settings for the published application is stored. If I ever find out more about this error I will post it here on my blog.