The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, sometimes referred to as “HIPAA2,” introduces new compliance requirements, penalties and incentives for the adoption of electronic health records. In this podcast from SearchCompliance.com, privacy expert Rebecca Herold talks with associate editor Alexander B. Howard about the HITECH Act and its implications for compliance and information security professionals.
When you listen to the podcast, you’ll learn the following:
- What is HITECH?
- What is generally required by HITECH?
- Who is affected by HITECH and its compliance requirements?
- What is the role of information technology in HITECH?
- What are the penalties for noncompliance in HITECH?
- How does HITECH differ from HIPAA?
- How will HITECH change electronic health care and the jobs of health care CIOs?
Herold is an information privacy, security and compliance consultant, and a frequent contributor to SearchCompliance.com. You can read her blog at Realtime-ITCompliance.com and follow her on Twitter at @PrivacyProf.
Herold’s recent work at SearchCompliance.com includes: