Posted by: Mark Fontecchio
System i software, System management
Last week IBM announced Rational Team Concert for i, a bunch of systems management software geared toward the System i platform. Available electronically the day before Thanksgiving, the software is available for a free 60-day trial.
According to the announcement letter, the software “allows teams to simplify, automate, and govern application development on IBM i.” Some details:
- Includes source control, change management, build, process management and governance
- Integration with IBM Rational Developer for i
- Support for source control, change management and builds of RPG and COBOL
- Support for application development using RPG, Java and EGL
- Supports IBM i native Library file system and integrated file system (IFS)
- Build agent which runs on the IBM i operating system, running IBM i commands and call programs
Hat tip to Alex Woodie for the heads-up.