So this may be news to you, or it may not, but today while I was sitting a VMworld session, I learned that vSphere 5.5 with Operations Management and vCloud Director 5.5 are official!
- Greater Scalability – Configurations have doubled from previous limits when it comes to physical CPUs, memory and NUMA nodes. Virtual disk files also now scale up to 64TBs.
- vSphere Customization for Low Latency Applications – vSphere with Operations Management can be tuned to deliver the best performance for low latency applications, such as in-memory databases
- vSphere Flash Read Cache – Server side flash can now be virtualized to provide a high performance read cache layer that dramatically lowers application latency.
- vSphere App HA – This new level of availability enables vSphere with Operations Management to detect and recover from application or operating system failure.
- vSphere Big Data Extensions – Apache Hadoop workloads can now run on vSphere with Operations Management to achieve higher utilization, reliability and agility.
“Apps Love vSphere”, I heard that more than a few times. All in all I have having a great time and will share more information as I hear it. Although not all of it! I will of course have to abide with the VMware NDA!