Well this was a cool find, Foglight for Virtualization.
The Free Edition, a single downloadable virtual appliance, now offers six free utilities:
- Snapshot Explorer - Detects all snapshots, including orphaned shapshots, to avoid problems with performance and capacity.
- Environment Explorer - Provides at-a-glance information about performance, efficiency and capacity.
- Change Explorer - Lists all changes that occur in a virtual environment, and provides associated risk impact.
- Storage Explorer - Assesses storage performance and capacity across datastores and VMs.
- vScope Explorer - Offers immediate identification of VMs, hosts and datastores suffering performance, capacity and efficiency issues.
- SearchMyVM Explorer - Delivers search capabilities, similar to Google, of the virtual environment.
What interests me the most is Snapshot Explorer, a lot of people let snapshots roam free and wild until they are so out of control it takes days to commit. Let’s be proactive and keep those snapshots a bare minimum. Go here to download the above appliance.