Posted by: Nathan Simon
I posted earlier about a vSphere 5.1 Hardening guide available in HTML or PDF, I read that they recently made a mobile version. Curiosity peaked, and I went looking for it. While looking for it, the first thing to pop up was the VMware Mobile Knowledge app. Only problem with this is that you cannot download it to iPhone or Android Phones, I guess it has something to do with formatting… I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for me as I have a 1080p screen on my phone… better than most tablets out there! But I do hear that it seems to be formatted specifically for the 10″ Android screens… I wonder if it can be side-loaded? Anyways, onto the details.
The VMware Mobile Knowledge Portal app provides access to VMware published content, and other rich media. You can use this application to watch installation videos, view helpful demos, read product whitepapers, and benefit from expert advice. We will continue to introduce new versions of videos, demos and the other product documentation right here.
- Evaluation Videos: A library of support videos and evaluation guides is available to help you learn more about VMware products.
- What’s New: Complete set of product documentation, datasheets, informative white papers and much more.
- Best Practices: Best practices and advice from VMware experts on all our offerings.
The VMKP is designed to provide a simple way for VMware customers to view technical collateral around the Datacenter & Cloud Infrastructure and Infrastructure & Operations Management products.
VMKP 2.0 adds the following enhancements over the original version
- Android and iPad support
- Ability to rate collateral
- Ability to provide feedback to VMware on pieces of collateral
- Integration with Facebook and Twitter to let others know what you have been reading on the VMKP
- Mechanism to request additional collateral items sources (vSphere 5.1 Hardening Guide Goes Mobile)