Veeam is excited to announce tape support coming in Veeam Backup & Replication™ v7, delivering another option for archiving Veeam backups – disk, cloud and tape. Archive to Tape in v7:
- Supports virtual tape libraries (VTLs), tape libraries and standalone drives
- Tracks specific VMs and restore points on tape for easy restores
- Backs up files from Windows and Linux servers (virtual or physical) to tape for FREE
- Archive to Tape provides another option for archiving Veeam backups – disk, cloud and tape. It supports virtual tape libraries (VTLs), tape libraries and standalone drives. And, it’s fully integrated into Veeam Backup & Replication and tracks VMs and restore points across tapes, making restores simple.
Along with finally backing up to tape, there are many more features being announced.
- Veeam Extends U-AIR, SureBackup and On-Demand Sandbox to Hyper-V
Virtual Lab plus vPower delivers agent-free recovery of individual objects from any virtualized application, automatic verification of every backup, and easy setup of isolated environments for testing, training and troubleshooting.
- Veeam announces rapid find and restore from SharePoint backups
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint provides instant visibility into SharePoint backups, advanced search capabilities, and quick recovery of individual SharePoint items. Register for our beta.
- Veeam Unveils New Plug-in for the vSphere Web Client:
Monitor backups and backup infrastructure directly from vSphere, identify unprotected VMs, and simplify capacity planning.
- Veeam Reveals Enhanced Backup and Recovery for vCloud Director:
Using the vCD API, Veeam will display the vCD infrastructure directly in Veeam Backup & Replication™, backup all vApp metadata and attributes, restore vApps and VMs directly to vCD, and support restore of fast-provisioned VMs.
More features to come, go here to sign up for updates!