Want to know how to increase the speed of a P2V by two to three times the speed?
The reason is that all data is encrypted by default via SSL.
This can be disabled. Why worry about encryption when conversions are in the confines of your building.
P2V windows become smaller and downtime is reduced.
Here are the instructions.
To disable SSL encryption for the converter worker:
- Locate the converter-worker.xmlfile. By default, it is located at:
- Windows 7 and 2008 Server – C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- Windows Vista, XP and 2003 Server – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- In older Windows versions – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone
- Take a backup of theconverter-worker.xmlfile.
- Open the file in a text editor and locate the tag pair<useSsl></useSsl>. It is located inside the<nfc>tag and has a value oftrue.
- Change the value tofalse.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Worker service on the machine.
I can guarantee that speeds will increase.