Waiving the 90-Day Reassignment Rule for Eligible Servers Licensed under the Per Processor Licensing Model: Today, with licensing for Per Processor products like Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Datacenter and Microsoft BizTalk® Server 2010 Enterprise Edition, you can run unlimited software instances in physical operating system environments (OSEs), virtual OSEs, or both on your individual servers by counting all of each server’s physical processors and assigning it that number of licenses.
And here are the eligibal servers that this document references…
Eligible Per Processor Server Licenses as of March 2011:
• BizTalk Server 2010 Branch Edition
• BizTalk Server 2010 Standard Edition
• BizTalk Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
• Commerce Server 2009 Standard Edition
• Commerce Server 2009 Enterprise Edition
• Forefront® Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise Edition
• Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Standard Edition
• SQL Server 2008 R2 (licensed in Per Processor mode) Enterprise
• SQL Server 2008 R2 (licensed in Per Processor mode) Datacenter
From the list above, we must assume that lesser revisions of the software ie BizTalk Server 2009 etc are able to take advantage of this license model.
This is great news for businesses that are wanting to take advantage of virtualization and disaster recovery scenarios. If i have helped just one dough-eyed technician out there, then I am happy. But I hope this helps everyone that reads this post. Good Luck!]]>