Now here is something that i might actually get and use… aside from a BlackBerry Playbook
Samsung’s foray into the tablet market will definitely be a profitable one, based on the specs below and what I’ve read about it, I cannot wait to get my paws on it. Here are the specs.
- Android 2.2 running TouchWiz 3.0
- 7-inch TFT LCD with 1024 x 600 resolution (WSVGA)
- Weighs 380 grams
- 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
- 16GB or 32GB internal storage
- microSD expansion for up to 32GB additional storage
- Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera and rear 3 megapixel camera with flash
- 4,000mAh battery
- 3G data / voice (there’s a speakerphone and Bluetooth for phone calls, but no earpiece)
- 5GHz dual-band 802.11n WiFi
- Standard back color is white, carriers might offer different colors
- Full HD video playback
- There’s a 30-pin dock connector on the bottom that allows for HDMI, USB, and docking accessories (a car dock at least is planned)
We will have to wait and see what the Android developers come up with, if they can push out some great apps for the Android, it just might steer some people away from the iPad or PlayBook.