Posted by: Nathan Simon
datastores, ESX 3.5, ESX hosts, ESX vSphere 4, ESXi 3.5, ESXi vSphere 4, heartbeat, rvtools, snapshots, vinfo, vmnics, vmware, VMware Tools
RVTools is a windows .NET 2.0 application which uses the VI SDK to display information about your virtual machines and ESX hosts. Interacting with VirtualCenter 2.5, ESX 3.5, ESX3i, ESX4i and vSphere 4 RVTools is able to list information about cpu, memory, disks, nics, cd-rom, floppy drives, snapshots, VMware tools, ESX hosts, nics, datastores, switches, ports and health checks. With RVTools you can disconnect the cd-rom or floppy drives from the virtual machines and RVTools is able to list the current version of the VMware Tools installed inside each virtual machine. and update them to the latest version.
Version 2.9.5 (September, 2010)
- On vInfo tab new field: Guest heartbeat status. The heartbeat status is classified as: gray – VMware Tools are not installed or not running, red – no heartbeat, guest operating system may have stopped responding. yellow -intermittent heartbeat, may be due to guest load. green – guest operating system is responding normally
- On vMemory tab new fields: Ballooned memory, consumed overhead memory, private memory, shared memory, swapped memory and static memory entitlement
On vDatastore tab new field: Full device address (controller, target, device)
On vInfo tab new fields: Commited storage, uncommited storage and unshared storage
- Bug fix! A semicolon in the annotations fields are no longer a problem for the export functions
- Bug fix! Health check “Zombie vmdk” problems solved
- Bug fix! Health check “inconsistent foldername” problems solved
- Bug fix! On vport tab the column “notify switch” value solved
- Bug fix! Sort problem on vNic tab on column “speed” solved
Download it from the RVTools homepage!