Posted by: Nathan Simon
Intel SSD, Intel SSD 320 Specs, OCZ Vertex 2 Pro, OS-aware hot plug, SATA 3G, X-25M
The Intel SSD320, is better in every way than its predecessor the X-25M.
The SSD 320 has a sequential write speed of 220 MB per seconds, more than double that of the X25-M, and a sequential read speed of 270 MB per second. The faster speeds improve a PC’s multitasking capabilities. For example, there is no perceivable slowdown when playing background music or downloading a video to the SSD, while working on a document, Intel said.
Although this drive isn’t as fast as say the OCZ Vertex 2 Pro (285MB/sec Read, 275MB/sec Write) Intel states that the 320 will maintain its rated speed for longer and has a better bang for you buck. I guess we will have to wait for the reviews to get the final word! Here are some specs.
Intel SSD 320 Specs
- Form Factors: 1.8-inch and 2.5-inch
- Capacity — 80/160/300 GB (1.8-inch), 40/80/120/160/300/600 GB (2.5-inch)
- Intel 25nm NAND MLC Flash Memory
- SATA 3Gb/s interface
- Sustained sequential read: Up to 270 MB/s
- Sustained sequential write: Up to 220 MB/s
- AES 128-bit Encryption
- Intel SSD Toolbox
- OS-aware hot plug/removal
- Enhanced power-loss data protection
- Power – Active – Up to 4W (TYP), Idle: 700 mW (non-DIPM)
- Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate (UBER): 1 sector per 1016 bits read
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): 1,200,000 hours
- Lifetime Endurance – Up to 60 TBW
- Weight: 1.8-inch: up to 49 grams, 2.5-inch 7mm: up to 82 grams, 2.5-inch 9.5mm: up to 88 grams
- 3-year warranty