Posted by: Nathan Simon
Advanced ILO, ASR, Data Center Manageability, HP Integrated Lights-Out 2, HP Intelligent Power Distribution Unit, HP ProLiant, ILO2, ILO3, system shutdown, upgrade ILO firmware
ILO2 has been update a little while back, if you are still running an older version of ILO2 I would recommend upgrading as it fixes some ASR shutdown issues amongst other enhancements.
Added the following new features:
- New HP Intelligent Power Distribution Unit
- Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) for imported certificates
- A Recovery Payload that will help users recover iLO 2 from a failed firmware upgrade via FTP. Additional details can be found in the new User Guide which can be found at http://www.hp.com/go/ilo
- “IPMI over LAN” functionality. The IPMI 2.0 RMCP+ (or Linux ipmitool “lanplus”) protocol is supported with this release.
- IPMI Serial Over LAN (SOL)
- Data Center Manageability Interface (DCMI) v1.0 specification
- Enhanced the “in band” Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) to comply with the IPMI specification version 2.0
Go here to download the firmware, extract to a folder then upload the firmware via ILO2, yes you can do the upgrade live, only ILO will be reset.