If you need to make a support request when you are having issues with Horizon View 5.2, technical support will want you to pull logging information. How you do that can be can be found here. You also have to realize that the many components of View speak to each other and logs for all components is crucial to helping you figure out what is wrong in your environment. The components are listed below.
- View Connection Server
- View Security Server (this component is optional and is present only if installed)
- View Transfer Server (this component is optional and is present only if installed)
- View Agent
- View Client
- View Composer Server
- View Persona Management
You should enable advanced logging before calling technical support, this will allow VMware View to log everything it does, or tries to do. Here is how it is done,
View Connection Server, View Security Server, and View Transfer Server
To obtain diagnostic information from the View Connection Server, View Security Server, and View Transfer Server:
- Log into the View Connection Server.
- Click Start > Programs > VMware > Generate View Connection Server Log Bundle. On the desktop, the folder
vdm-sdctcontains zipped log files.
- To enable advanced debug logging:
- Click Start > Programs > VMware > Set View Connection Server Log Levels.
- When prompted, press
2to enable advanced logging.
For the rest of the article follow this link. Good Luck!