If you had five wishes to improve Oracle, what would they be?
That’s the question several Oracle pros have been asking in the blogosphere recently. For example, consultant Chris Muir’s top 5 is as follows:
5. Fix the email .zip issue
4. Allow more OTN forum markups
3. Regular Oracle XE (Express) updates
2. Free ADF libraries for JDeveloper
1. Open Metalink to the web
And here is Mikael Gueck’s slightly more ambitious list:
5. A new, modern database product
4. Stop using PL/SQL for applications
3. An incredibly valuable support offering . . . for free
2. Get out of the application server and IDE “business”
1. Roll out standardized quality metrics, and automated quality measurement tools for every product and platform
A few more lists are floating around the blogosphere, including:
I know for a fact that Oracle reps do read our blog, so let’s see your top 5. You never know — your wish may come true!