Posted by: Mark Fontecchio
Oracle will release a patch update on Tuesday with 66 vulnerability fixes on products including Oracle Database, E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft and Fusion Middleware.
The biggest vulnerabilities are for Oracle Audit Vault, Fusion Middleware, Sun products and Open Office. For example, of the 16 vulnerabilities Oracle is patching on Fusion Middleware, 12 of them can be “remotely exploitable without authentication,” meaning they can be exploited remotely without a username or password.
The vulnerabilities break down as follows:
- 21 for Oracle Sun Products such as Solaris, VirtualBox and Glassfish
- 16 for Fusion Middleware
- 10 for PeopleSoft and JDEdwards
- 6 for Oracle Database
- 3 for Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite
- 2 for Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control
- 2 for Oracle Applications
- 2 for Oracle Industry Applications
- 2 for Oracle OpenOffice
- 1 for Oracle Secure Backup
- 1 for Oracle Audit Vault