Posted by: Derek Kuhr
when relevant content is
added and updated.
OK, so maybe the headline is a tad misleading. I don’t actually have “20 must have PL/SQL developer tips” to list here. But I can tell you where you’ll soon be able get them — thanks to my visit to the Collaborate ’07 Oracle users’ conference at the Mandalay Bay in sunny Las Vegas.
During the conference I stopped by a session entitled “The PL/SQL Challenge: 20 Key Tips Everyone Must Know,” and I must say I was really impressed with the featured speaker, Joseph C. Trezzo, the president and chief operating officer of TUSC and the author of Oracle PL/SQL Tips & Techniques. Not only was he a good speaker, but he was clearly way smarter than me.
Trezzo said he’s labored for the last five years to come up with a definitive list of the top PL/SQL developer tips. He said he put the list together because there’s been so much PL/SQL change over the years that it’s tough to know what’s useful anymore and what isn’t. The list he compiled is made up of “the best” tips and scripts that work with both older and newer PL/SQL versions.
So my tip to you is this: Keep an eye on the white paper section of the TUSC Web site, where Trezzo says he’ll be posting the tips soon.
Here on SearchOracle.com, we’ve also got a great deal of useful content around PL/SQL development. Here’s a rundown of some popular articles and podcasts we’ve published on the topic:
- Oracle SQL Developer vs. Toad: Users speak out, part one
- Oracle SQL Developer vs. Toad: Users speak out, part two
- Oracle updates free SQL Developer
- Oracle unveils free SQL Developer: Has Toad met its match?
- Podcast: Expert says PL/SQL change needed in Oracle 11g
- Podcast: Oracle security guru Peter Finnigan on the problem with PL/SQL
- Oracle expert warns of weakness in PL/SQL
– Mark Brunelli, News Editor