For those of you local to the Metro NY area, you may want to consider Unigroup as a user group hangout. It’s one of the best user groups out there on Unix and Linux in NYC. I’ve been a member for quite sometime and actually was a board member awhile back. It is a very technical group, so be prepared for heavy stuff. Sorry about the late notice, but there is a meeting tomorrow night in NYC. Here are the details and the agenda:
When: THURSDAY, June 21st, 2007 (3rd Thursday)
Where: Alliance for Downtown NY Conference Facility
104 Washington Street
South West Corner of Wall Street Area
Downtown, New York City
** Please RSVP (not mandatory) **
Time: 6:15 PM – 6:25 PM Registration
6:25 PM – 6:45 PM Ask the Wizard, Questions, Answers and Current Events
6:45 PM – 7:00 PM Unigroup Business and Announcements
7:00 PM – 9:30 PM Main Presentation
Topic: UBUNTU Linux
Speaker: Nathan Eckenrode,
New York Ubuntu Local Community (LoCo) Team
- What is Ubuntu Linux?
- Ubuntu Latest Version: 7.04 Desktop and Server Editions.
- What does Ubuntu look like?
- What products does it include?
- What sorts of special effects does it run?
- What sort of support can a new User receive?
- What about the Dell deal?
- What is in the works for Gutsy Gibbon?
- What sorts of issues when a new User switches to Ubuntu Linux?
- Can Ubuntu Linux work in my Environment?
- About the New York Ubuntu Community.
- What is the New York City Ubucon?
PS. I have to admit, this is my first cut at a blog, so I hope that I will like doing this and more importantly, that you will like what I have to say. In this blog, I’ll be talking about infrastructure technology, with a focus on Unix, Linux, databases and networking. I look forward to your comments and suggestions as to how to make this a better place to hang out.