Posted by: ITKE
when relevant content is
added and updated.
The O’Reilly SysAdmin Network has an interesting list up today regarding the Top 7 Things Systems Administrators Forget to do that I think is worth a look. Just to give you a taste, here are the subject headlines:
1. Forgetting to Delete a Former User’s Account
2. Forgetting to Regularly Search for Rootkits
3. Forgetting to Use a Trouble Ticket Tracking System
4. Forgetting to Set Up Technical Documentation and Creating a Knowledge Base
5. Forgetting the Risks of Flash Memory Drives
6. Forgetting to Manage Partial Root Access
7. Forgetting Courtesy
To find the details for each of these, go check out O’Reilly’s Top 7 Things Systems Administrators Forget to do.