Posted by: ITKE
Ken Milberg, user group announcements
One of our SearchEnterpriseLinux.com experts, Ken Milberg, will be speaking at the following event. If you live in the metro area, drop by and say hello (but remember to pre-register, or else you won’t get in!)
Please mark your calender for the first ever Manhattan meeting of the NY Metro Power-AIX/Linux Users Group (at IBM headquarters at 590 Madison Avenue); Thursday Oct. 25, at 6 p.m. EDT. Registration is free, but it is required. You can register at this link.
1. Presentation #1: Bharvi Parikh — System p Specialist (IBM)
System p Overview and virtualization (AIX and Linux on Power)
2. Presentation #2: John Tesch, Ph.D., Certified Consulting IT Specialist (IBM)
AIX Deep Dive 6.1 New features and enhancements
3. Presentation #3: Ken Milberg, PMP® — IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert – System p (Future Tech)
Introduction and Demonstration of the IBM System p Application Virtual Environment for x86 Linux (System p AVE) using the Virtual Loan Program (VLP).
There will be a raffle for an exciting grand prize! (to be announced)
Door prizes include the following:
1) IBM system magazines
2) IBM USB thumb drives and other memorabilia
3) Power-AIX pens
4) Future Tech (IBM BP) T-shirts
5) Linux CDs
Located on the corner of 57th and Madison with easy access to mass transportation in and around Metro New York.
1. Food/refreshments ~ 6:00 pm to 6:15 pm
2. Introduction of NY Metro Power-AIX/Linux group, goals ~ 6:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
3. System p, the new Power6, Virtualization (AIX and Linux) ~ 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
4. AIX 6.1 Deep Dive ~ New features and enhancements 7:15 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
5. IBM System p AVE (Application Virtual Environment for x86 ) ~ Bringing Linux on Power (LoP) to the masses, including a live demo ; using IBM’s Virtual Loaner Program (VLP) 7:45 pm – 8:15 pm
6. Q/A 8:15 p.m. – ……
Please also extend a warm welcome to our friends at Unigroup of New York, the oldest and greatest Unix Users group in the world, which will bring its members to the meeting.
Unigroup’s October 2007 meeting will be a field trip to IBM headquarters located at 590 Madison Ave. NYC, Conference Room 1219 on Thursday, Oct. 25 (** SPECIAL 4th Thursday **) at 6:00 p.m. (** SPECIAL TIME **). Our presentation topic is: Power6 and AIX 6.1 and our speaker is Bharvi Parikh from IBM. Note: This will be a joint meeting with the new IBM PowerAIX User Group!