*NOTE* This is the second preview release of the Samba 3.0.25 code base and is provided for testing only. It is NOT intended for production servers.
Major features included in the 3.0.25 code base include:
- Significant improvements in the winbind off-line logon support.
- Support for secure DDNS updates as part of the ‘net ads join’
- Rewritten IdMap interface which allows for TTL based caching and
per domain backends.
- New plug-in interface for the “winbind nss info” parameter.
- New file change notify subsystem which is able to make use of
inotify on Linux.
- Support for passing Windows security descriptors to a VFS
plug-in allowing for multiple Unix ACL implements to running side
by side on the Same server.
- Improved compatibility with Windows Vista clients.
- Man pages for VFS plugins.
If you’re not on Samba’a mailing list, then you have no idea what you’re missing! (especially if you’re really interested in Linux-to-Windows/Active Directory type things)