Fresh from Samba.org are the latest features included in the 3.0.25 code base:
- Significant improvements in the winbind off-line logon support.
- Support for secure DDNS updates as part of the ‘net ads join’
- Rewritten IdMap interface which allows for TTL based caching and
per domain backends.
- New plug-in interface for the “winbind nss info” parameter.
- New file change notify subsystem which is able to make use of
inotify on Linux.
- Support for passing Windows security descriptors to a VFS
plug-in allowing for multiple Unix ACL implements to running side
by side on the Same server.
- Improved compatibility with Windows Vista clients including
improved read performance with Linux servers.
- Man pages for VFS plug-ins.
“This is the first release candidate of the Samba 3.0.25 code base and is provided for testing only. An RC release means that we are close to the final release but the code may still have a few remaining minor bugs.” — Samba release manager Jerry Carter