Posted by: ITKE
when relevant content is
added and updated.
Since we seem to love Samba around here so much, here’s their latest update (delivered via the Samba mailing list, I suggest you get yourself to Samba.org and sign up!):
Major features included in the 3.0.25 code base include:
- Significant improvements in the winbind off-line logon support.
- Support for secure DDNS updates as part of the ‘net ads join’ process.
- Rewritten IdMap interface which allows for TTL based caching and per domain backends.
- New plug-in interface for the “winbind nss info” parameter.
- New file change notify subsystem which is able to make use of inotify on Linux.
- Support for passing Windows security descriptors to a VFS plug-in allowing for multiple Unix ACL implements to running side by side on the Same server.
- Improved compatibility with Windows Vista clients.
- Man pages for VFS plugins.
Note the caveat from Samba’s Jerry Carter however: “This is a preview release of the Samba 3.0.25 code base and is provided for testing only. This release is *not* intended for production servers.”