Major features included in the 3.0.25 code base include:
- Significant improvements in the winbind off-line logon support.
- Support for secure DDNS updates as part of the ‘net ads join’ process.
- Rewritten IdMap interface which allows for TTL based caching and per domain backends.
New plug-in interface for the “winbind nss info” parameter.
- New file change notify subsystem which is able to make use of inotify on Linux.
- Support for passing Windows security descriptors to a VFS plug-in allowing for multiple Unix ACL implements to running side by side on the Same server.
- Improved compatibility with Windows Vista clients including improved read performance with Linux servers.
- Man pages for IdMap and VFS plug-ins.
The three Security Fixes included in the Samba 3.0.25 release can be found in our post from yesterday.