Posted by: Leah Rosin
when relevant content is
added and updated.
Red Hat announced the launch of its fourth annual Red Hat Innovation awards to recognize the creative use of Red Hat and JBoss solutions by customers, partners and the community.
Categories for the 2010 Innovation Awards include:
- Optimized Solutions: Recognition of striking performance, scalability and/or usability enhancements delivered with open source solutions.
- Superior Alternatives: Recognition of the most successful migration from proprietary solutions to open source alternatives.
- Extensive Ecosystem: Recognition of the use of Red Hat or JBoss’ expanding partner ecosystem to create innovative architectures based on open source solutions.
- Carved out Costs: Recognition of customers who have leveraged open source solutions to significantly cut costs and extract added value from existing systems.
- Outstanding Open Source Architecture: Recognition of the use of Red Hat, JBoss and partner offerings to create innovative architectures based on open source solutions.
Submissions will be accepted until April 15, 2010. Each submission will be evaluated by a panel of representatives and industry leaders. Four categories will each recognize two winning submissions, one from Red Hat and one from JBoss, and the Outstanding Open Source Architecture category will recognize one winner who is deploying both Red Hat and JBoss solutions. From these category winners, one Red Hat Innovator of the Year and one JBoss Innovator of the Year will be selected by the community through online voting, and will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Red Hat Summit and JBoss World.