We interrupt our regularly schedule blog for this public service announcement: the blog has moved to this new location on IT Knowledge Exchange. If you’re coming from our old site at SearchWinDevelopment.com, welcome! Here are some nifty new features:
- Tag Cloud: If you’re an avid blog reader, you probably already know how this works. MSDN blogs have it, for instance. All of the tags used in this blog are now listed alphabetically (instead of in a hierarchy), with the text of each tag sized to reflect how many posts are under it. The bigger the text, the more blog posts have been tagged with it. This should help you get a better sense of the blog’s gist.
- Editorial Content: We’re integrating our editorial content into the layout. If you’re reading a post and want to learn more, check out the links in the right sidebar.
- Sharing is Caring: And we want you to care. We now have 43 bookmarking tools (up from ((int)4.3)). Wondering if our servers can survive the slashdot effect? There’s just one way to find out.
- Blogging Community: Near the top of the page, you’ll see a row of tabs. One of them, IT Blogs, will take you to dozens of tech blogs written by TechTarget staff as well as users like you. You can even start your own!
- Tech Forums: Another one of those tabs leads to our IT Answers forum, where you can ask or answer IT questions. There’s lots of development topics, and the forum itself has a nice discussion-plus-wiki format.
I hope you like the new digs!